Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Still on a roll to lose these rolls because that's how I roll (although I can't have a roll)!

Today is Tuesday, November 15th. Tomorrow marks one week that I have been on Ideal Protein and I have not cheated AT ALL! I am so happy about that.
I weighed in at the clinic yesterday and I have lost.... (drum roll please...) 8 POUNDS!!!!!!! I don't even care if most of it is water weight, because I probably would not have lost that without the Ideal Protein.
I feel GREAT too. The fisrt 4 days are a bit rough, actually. The 4th day, which was Saturday was the WORST for me. I had the whole headache, nausea, etc. but it was SO WORTH IT.
We tailgated at Mississippi State for the MSU vs. Alabama game and I did not even eat the tailgate food (which really was hard for me). They had ribs, baked beans, potato salad, pie, dips... you name it, they had it... beer, soda....
Ben made me a FANTSTIC filet and I had grilled zucchini. I was happy with that. I had the vanilla and chocolate shakes the rest of the day along with the Southwestern Cheese Curls. I was satisfied! I was REALLY satisfied when I got my fat rear on that scale Monday and saw that those better choices were worth it!
Now... I did have a bit a disaster last night... so don't let me fool anyone into thinking that everything is fantastic in the Brandi Ideal Protein land....
I was ready to eat my strawberry pudding for dinner, so I mixed it with cold water into my cute little Ideal Protein shaker... I began shaking vigorously and soon realized that I didn't have the top on well. So... I had pudding all of the counter, sink, floor, my clothes.... So here I am hungry and all I can think is... DAMMIT... there went 4 bucks. Keep in mind, you only get enough food for ONE WEEK at a time, so that is one meal GONE.
So... about half an hour later I settled down... I decided to make the Crepes thinking that this would get me over the "I can't have bread" fight that is going on in my head. You can not cook the crepes in an Emeril pan, even with nonstick spray... because IT WILL STICK. It burned on the bottom, although I had it on lower heat, and the top was raw. So... I screwed up TWO DINNERS. At this rate, there will be no food left by Friday. Now I am starving and just down right mad as hell. My language had then escalated from the word Dammit to much, much worse. Yes... get a really fat girl hungry enough and let her ruin TWO MEALS and you will hear bad things. (Just for the record, my baby was in bed and he did not hear such things). Oh- but Ben heard it. I was about it tears and then I sent one of our nurse managers, Linda Ann, a text message with my photo of the crepes gone bad. She told me to go make a shake and she would bring me a replacement meal so I won't be hungry on Friday! GOD LOVE THE WOMAN! My whole week would be bad if I thought I would starve!
Then Linda Ann said, "you are too funny... you should write a blog!" HA HA HA HA! She had NO IDEA! She might laugh a little when she reads that the last time I put full effort into weight loss, in my mind I had a knock down drag out fight with "dancing barbie" at the gym, that I split the ass of my pants wide open while working out, that Madison County had its first earthquake when I decided that "running" was a good idea for exercise and that I view Dr. Pepper as the crack of choice!
Well, anyway... I did have banana pudding for dinner and I slept well. I still miss bread but I am starting to get over it. As I said two years ago... "I am on a roll to lose these rolls because that's how I roll (although I can't have a roll)"!

DID I MENTION THAT I AM DOWN 8 POUNDS??! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Brandi!! So proud of you girl! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is cracking me up!!! Oh my gosh!!! Your killing me!

    ReplyDelete