Friday, February 13, 2009

I'M BACK!

Well... I am BACK! I am soooo happy. Life is getting back to normal and I am getting into the swing of things again!

As most of you k now, I had my tonsils out. If any of you ever face the doc telling you to have your tonsils taken out.... DON'T DO IT! It is the WORST thing I have EVER had done. I mean it. I've had several surgeries, including a breast reduction and NOTHING compares to the pain I experiences with having my tonsils out! I can clearly explain just what it feels like.... You know that horrible burning pain that you feel when you burn yourself on the stove, oven or a curling iron? You know how that burning just remains and pulsates to no end.... THAT IS THE FEELING I had for NINE DAYS! It burned.... it burned... it burned! ALL THE TIME. You REALLY can not eat- swallowing is not much of an option MOST of the time. All I could handle were Banana Popsicles. I found that I like the Kroger brand Sugar Free Banana popsicles. They are 15 calories and yummy. At least they were yummy for the first four boxes. I have been through seven boxes in two weeks. I should say, "Hello, my name is Brandi and I have lost weight and TURNED INTO A BANANA POPSICLE!"

So... about the weight loss. Yeah.... I AM DOWN 13 POUNDS since January 10th! WHOO HOOO! Of course, not eating is NO WAY to lose weight, but I have to look on the bright side of this.... The glass is half full somehow, right?

I have been eating solid food now for three days and let me just say this... FOOD IS NOT OVERRATED, PEOPLE! It just isn't. I was soooo hungry!

I have started back working out A LITTLE on the Wii Fit. I am trying to put in at least 20 -30 minutes of light cardio. It is hard to do a great deal when you can only eat 200 calories a day and have no energy, but slowly I am getting back in the game! YAY!

I can not express how much I appreciate all of the support I am getting from my friends and family about this weight loss journey. IT IS HARD! It is SO VERY easy to put on the weight, but getting it off is difficult. I am NOT giving up, though.

The lifestyle change is good in so many ways. Ben has been such a wonderful support for me too! He has lost 20 pounds. I am proud of him, but let us be honest here, shall we? I DON'T GET TO EAT FOR TWELVE DAYS.... that is right... NO MEAL FOR TWELVE DAYS and I still can't lose weight as quickly as he does. He can eat 1000 more calories a day than I am allowed when I am healthy, but I eat NOTHING and still can't lose what he does. TWENTY POUNDS since we started....

Ben is looking good, though! I will say that. He really does~ and although I am so happy for him and very proud of his motivation and dedication, I can not help but be JEALOUS of this! We women just don't have it as lucky as men do sometimes! I can LOOK at cake and gain weight. There is something in my brain that sends a message to my thighs... it says, "Hey you... fat legs... prepare for the cake... there is more coming!" AND ALTHOUGH I DON'T EVEN TAKE A BITE... I gain weight.... But a man, on the other hand... he can say, "I think I'll just cut back this week.... maybe skip dessert on Tuesday night..." and he loses 10 pounds! NOT FAIR... NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!

So.... the good news is, I think my stomach shrank and I am full much quicker than I was three weeks ago, but now that I can eat again... EVERYTHING sounds good!

I have completely given up sodas. Yeah... that is right. (Dear Dr. Pepper, I miss you!) The very idea of something carbonated makes my throat hurt, so I figure that I probably got through the caffeine headaches while I was doped up on Demerol, so I will just let them go! I am going to do my best not to turn back.

So here is the update:
I am 207 POUNDS... not so great, still, but SOOOOO much better than 222, don't you think?
I feel better. SO MUCH better.
Food is NOT overrated. We like food for a REASON!
My Wii character still looks like the Michilan man in a cute pink shirt. When I weigh the darn thing still feels that it is important to tell me that I am obese. I want to scream at it and say, "DUH! I KNOW THIS... I am NOT EATING... what else do you WANT FROM ME, really?"
I have given up the sodas.... this is SO HARD!
I miss working out and I am pumped about getting back in the swing of things with my workouts!
If you need to have your tonils out.... DON'T DO IT!!!!! My friends, Haley and Joy, said it would be bad and they were NOT kidding! It is terrible!

Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel you on the not eating thing. Having mono a few years back was really the best diet EVER! I lost like 10 pounds in two weeks! I am so glad your blog is back! I have fun reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brandi- its so good to have u back!! way to go on the weightloss. Keep it up- I get a kick from ur posts. laura

    ReplyDelete