Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2009/ New Year/ Wii Fit

WOW... I haven't written anything since right after the tornado hit on my birthday last April!

Things are very good! Ben and I are doing well!

Ben and I decided that this is the year to get our big behinds in shape. I know, I know... everyone says that in January and by Mardi Gras... we are all eating King Cake... I have done it too.... so many times... THIS YEAR I feel differently! I really do. Ben and I are supporting each other 100%, which is helping SO MUCH!

I am going to try to write in and track everything when I can... this is more for ME! I am also going to put this out there IN BLACK AND WHITE so I CAN SEE IT! When I weighed on January 10, 2009... I was 222 pounds! YEAH! That is right... BRANDI WEIGHED 222 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sick of this... I hate how I look. I don't feel pretty at all anymore... I feel guilty that I have made Ben look at me like this for so long. Sitting behind a desk all day and then eating out with friends and having drinks on a regular basis has done this to me. IT IS ALL MY FAULT! I am no longer going to make excuses. I have been living the most unhealthy lifestyle a person can, I think. So... I can treat this blog thing like my AA for fat people...

Hello... my name is Brandi Garrett and I am a fatty! I like fried foods, martinis, chocolate cake, Dr. Pepper... OOOOOH... how I love me some Dr. Pepper! I am a fan of REGULAR Dr. Pepper, so no one write me back and suggest diet... despite what the commercials say... REGULAR IS BETTER! You know... the commercials say, "There's nothing diet about it".... well... THAT IS A LOAD OF BULL, people! SUGAR JUST TASTES BETTER... PERIOD!

Okay... so my journey began on Saturday, January 10, 2009. My jeans were tight but I squuueeeeeeeeezed into them and Ben and I headed out to purchase a nintendo Wii Fit! I would like to say this... IT IS AWESOME!

My little Mii was so cute. I think she looks just like me, dark flipped hair and all... However, when I put in all of my information on the Wii fit and stood on it... my little Mii blew up like the Michelan Man wearing a pink shirt... And do you know what that rude little Wii Fit said to me? "OOOH... That's OBESE!" WELL NO KIDDING... why in the heck do you think we just dropped a hundred bucks on ya? Anway.... my heart sank... my little Mii is no longer cute... She actually really does like me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like a fat girl with a cute pink shirt and nice hair! What can I say... my heart was broken into a million pieces! MY HUSBAND DOESN'T SAY I AM FAT, BUT MY VIDEO GAME DOES! HA!

So... I have been EATING VERY WELL! I haven't eaten one thing that is not planned and I am logging EVERY BITE OF EVERYTHING on livestrong.com!
I am also playing with the Wii Fit and going to the gym!

I HAVE LOST 5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to keep it up! My friends are being SUPER supportive. I am signed up to do some 5Ks already. Although I know I will be WALKING them... it is a start! I have a new MP3 player, new work out pants, a heartrate monitor.... I AM READY TO GO!

So watch out people... if you feel the earth trembling... that's no earthquake in Mississippi... That is ME... BRANDI and my now... 217 POUNDS RUNNING behind you!

Hope you all are well! I hope to keep the updates coming, even if they are BAD!

Lots of love!

3 comments:

  1. Not to be devil's advocate, but you really should try to give Diet Dr. P another try. I have several friends who dropped some significant pounds by doing nothing besides cutting out the full-sugar soft drinks.

    Let me know what 5Ks you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious!! I am dying out laughing right now as I read this. I sympathize with you as I know how hard it is to loose weight! Stay with it! I think your blog is a great spot to have your friends and family support you! YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through my friend Joy @ Confessions of a Southern Socialite and I have been laughing ever since. Your posts are hilarious. We thought about buying the Wii Fit but just couldn't decide for sure to try it or not but after reading your blog, I am there. Congrats on your weight loss. You are doing great and I would like to add your blog to my "blog favorites" because it is so fun to read and may be an inspiration to some of my readers.

    ReplyDelete