Sunday, January 25, 2009

BIG BAD BOOGIE BRANDI

I have discovered the trick for me... OH YES I HAVE... (and any of my friends are welcome to come on over to my house and join me). Thanks to my friend, Jennifer Moudy... on Friday night, Ben and I went to Gamestop and I got Wii Boogie Superstar! OH YEAH! For those of you who do not know what this is... it is a game where you can follow dance routines or make up your own!!! That's right... I am BIG BAD BOOGIE BRANDI! I had soooo much fun..... until.... I tried to get all creative like I was in high school and college... (you know I am still poltting on this Dancing Barbie) and the rug in the living room slipped out from under me... Picture it... ME... CUTE DANCE SHOES... gray dance pants, blue top... cute pony tail, make up was ON people.... splattered all over my living room floor. I twisted my foot and by yesterday morning it was swelling and I am still having a little trouble putting pressure on it. NO FEAR... because tomorrow... IT IS ON AGAIN! I am already feeling better and just itching to get back in that living room to bust a move. (*Please note that I would like to BUST A MOVE... not BUST MY TAIL). Young MC's Bust a Move is playing in my head... Is it playing in your heads too?


SO, after falling like a fool... I pushed the sofa and chair against the wall, I moved the cofee table against the fireplace and pulled up the rug to expose the hardwood floors. My living room has become my dance studio, people! All I need are some full length mirrors and a ballet bar... and I will be a mixture of Margot Fonteyn and J LO! (If you don't know who Margot Fonteyn was... please google her now!

The music is MOTIVATING too... as soon as I busted my tail, I noticed that my heart rate was 175!!! At this point, I was in pain... I wanted to CRY like a little fat chick. BUT I DIDN'T! I got back up and then I heard the music sent by God to keep me going.... The clouds parted and God had Kanye West sing "Stronger"! Oh yeah... Now THAT that don't kill me... can only make me stronger...I need you to hurry up now...Cause I can't wait much longer...." SEE, PEOPLE... I found the REAL meaning of this song.... If this weightloss program doesn't kill me, I am going to come out STRONGER! uh huh!

So... I AM DOWN SEVEN POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here is my AA report from the weekend...
Hello... my name is Brandi Garrett... I am a fatty. I haven't had a Dr. Pepper in 15 days (this is much like being sober....)! I miss them... but I DON'T MISS THOSE SEVEN POUNDS! NO I DON'T! I am 216 pounds! YEAH!

Love you all and can't wait for the comments! 'Till next time....

6 comments:

  1. you rock brandi! 7 pounds :) keep bustin a move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the WO MAN!!!! Congrats and keep it up...but don't hurt yourself! Cute shoes are cute only in pairs and if you hurt yourself and have to wear a boot or something...well, that's going to totally suck...be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to post back on the blog about Dancer Barbie but since you updated...here I am!

    Just wanted to congratulate you on the seven pounds! I am so in awe of your motivation! I need some of that myself! If we weren't states away I would totally come over and play Boogie Superstar w/you! I miss dancing myself! I havent danced since I graduated college and I miss it!!! (well that and how my body looked when I danced!!!)

    Anyway, keep it up! You are doing awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dancer Barbie is going down!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete