Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Don't WHINE because you can't have WINE

Well.... if I were to say this weight loss journey was a piece of cake (ooooohhhhh..... cake......hmmmm.... IIIIIIIIII WAAAAAAANT CAAAAAAAKE......FOCUS, Brandi), I would be telling a LIE. I big ole fat lie! You know... I use to think that when people would say stuff to me such as, "Getting in shape has to be a lifestyle change... blah blah blah" that is all I would hear... BLAH BLAH BLAH! But people.... it is SO TRUE!

I realize more and more everyday how unhealthy my lifestyle has been. Tonight I went to a birthday gathering after work. It was at a friend's home and she made amazing food! I seriously had to mentally prepare for this today. All afternoon I thought about what I could eat today and how much I could really eat tonight. Usually... I would go and have a glass of wine or three... eat whatever I wanted and look forward to that cake. IT IS ALL ABOUT MAKING DECISIONS! As much as I have been concerned with calorie intake and calories burned... I realize that the cake just isn't worth it.

I did NOT have wine tonight....(but I would like to take this time to WHINE about it)! Any of you who know me well, know how much I like to drink. I do... I can't help it... I love martinis and red wine! I know... I know... DON'T WHINE because you can't have WINE... This really shouldn't be a big deal, right? BUT IT IS IN BRANDI LAND! Tonight I had iced water in a beautiful wine glass with a charm on the stem... so YAY... (thanks Cindy and Mary Beth). I didn't have to be the only one not holding a great glass and chatting it up with everyone! These are sacrifices... I will continue to focus on PRETTY things when I don't feel good about a situation... such as PUT WATER IN PRETTY GLASS WITH CHARM ON IT (remember cute shoes in dance hell with dancing barbie... or pink shirt and nice hair on FAT Mii... yeah... you're catching on, right?)

With all of my might, I made an EXIT before they cut the cake ! I knew how much I wanted it... so I decided to head on home and get a little work out in instead of eating every single bite of it like I really wanted to. Has anyone ever felt like this or am I losing my mind?

I think the biggest problem for me is that when such tempting things are right in front of me... I just want it. So, I am going to have to do whatever it takes to make this work. I AM NOT GIVING UP!

When I do LOSE ALL OF THIS FABULOUS FATTINESS... ha ha ha... I WANT MY FRIENDS TO TAKE ME OUT FOR CAKE! I AM GOING TO HAVE SOME CAKE... a PIECE of cake, though... not the WHOLE THING!

Thanks again to all of you who read this. I am still on my way and I don't think I could do this with such enthusiasm every day without all of you! You are more help to me than you will ever know!

I stand firm that my favorite workout is Wii Boogie Superstar! IT IS SO MUCH FUN and I am amazed at the amount of calories I burn each night doing it. My foot still hurts VERY much, but I am shake, shake, shakin' it as much as I can...

I weighed again this morning. I lost another .40 pounds, and although my Mii on the Wii still looks like a big fat piggie... I know she is going to eventually be FABULOUS! I can not wait!

Again, I love you all and thank you so much for all of the wonderful wishes and support! May God bless each of you!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Brandi...you hit the nail on the head and if there is one thing that I struggle with HOURLY it's putting sweets in my mouth! And like you said, when it's in front of me all I can think of is the quickest way to put it in my mouth and eat it! If it's not in front of me...I think about it and obsess over it and the thoughts don't leave till I have it! It's so frustrating! But you know...you are giving me motivation to keep up healthy habits! Keep it up Brandi! You the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Brandi!! But I gotta tell ya - I bought an elliptical machine about two weeks ago. Now - everyone probably thinks this thing is SSSOOO easy. NO! The first 5 minutes I'm almost crying it hurts so bad. Unfortunately I haven't been on there in over a week... I have (what they believe is) shingles. So I'm trying not to make it any worse by getting on there. Oh and I also bought a Dirty Dancing and Dancing with the Stars workout DVDs at Walmart. I know, I know... NO WALMART. But maybe you can order them. I did do the dirty dancing one last night and it is SSSOOO much fun!! Remember - I'm proud of you girl!! You'll be in a bikini by summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing GREAT Brandi!!! Keep it up! I know you can do it! I may have to check out the Wii dance game...that sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi, Keep it up girl. yes it is a lifestyle change but soon it will come much easier. Still reward your self :) you deserve it!! I totally understand though, I keep a pantry full of snacks for Kaytlin (or that's the excuse I use) Little Debbie is my best friend at night. Tonight did a little wii fit and a little dancing. Hurt my elbow on boogie star, watch out for the windmill!!! :)
    REally proud of you, your doing awesome, keep it up! Please keep up the blog, I look forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo very proud of you!!! You have such a talent to write and have the "will" to do what it takes to lose the weight!! I have sooo much faith in you!! You are such a BEAUTIFUL woman inside and out!!! Keep it up sister! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete